Updated: Nov 10, 2020
Halloween is all about candy, but we are here to advocate for something special! How about fire dumplings sound like? These easy dumpling recipes make for a fun activity to do with kids and are perfect to bring spicy challenge…
Active time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Yield: serve 2 people
Steamed dumplings are delicate, bite-sized treats of different fillings wrapped in a thin but elastic layer of dough. They are usually steamed in bamboo steamer baskets, which absorb excess moisture and condensation while allowing steam to move throughout the circular frame. It's a gentle cooking process that helps retain flavor and texture. Steamed dumpling is a traditional festival food in China, which is a must-eat food in Spring Festival every year. Sometimes, people place a coin or candy inside the dumpling with the meanings of obtaining a fortune or having a sweet life.
Steamed dumplings are a great starting point if you want to take up challenge of making fresh dumplings for the first time.
The classic dumpling is pork and chives fillings, meal kit includes the following items:
250g pork mince
Steamed dumplings are a great starting point if you want to take up the challenge of making fresh dumplings for the first time.
Pork mince marinade
Filling seasoning sauce
Filling seasoning spice
Pre-made dumpling wrappers
Dumpling dipping sauce
Chopsticks set x 2
Non-stick steaming parchment paper
8. Enjoy the equally delicious Halloween Themed dumplings!Yumo's Homemade Kimchi Salads are made by fermenting Chinese cabbage and spring onions. These refreshing salads are not only loaded with healthy nutrients, vitamins, minerals, but also with a delicious spicy flavour.
From your kitchen
1 x mixing bowl
2 x plates
Saucepan & steamer with lid 250ml cold water
1 x small bowl
1 x cup corn flour
How to make Halloween Fire dumplings:
1. Add 250g fresh pork mince (1) into a bowl, mix with 150g chives (2), and spring onion pack (3)
Add marinade pack (4), seasoning packs (5) & (6) into the bowl, and mix all ingredients with chopsticks (9) until well combined; Sprinkle the cornflour onto a plate.
2. To assemble the dumpling, open the dumpling wrappers pack (7), hold the dumpling skin in the palm of one hand and put a heaped teaspoon of the filling onto the centre of the skin.
3. Bring the edges of the skin together. Pinch pleats along one side, then press each pleat against the opposite flat side of the skin.
4. With each pinch make sure that you are sealing the parcel and keeping the filling in the centre. Put each dumpling onto the plate pre-dusted with cornflour.
5. Fill sauce pan half way with boiling water, Arrange dumplings on top of the steaming parchment paper in the steamer side by side, so they don't stick. Cover the steamer with a lid.
6. Steam the dumplings for 15 to 20 minutes on a full heat. Once you start cooking, do not uncover and peek inside. Once steaming process is finished, remove the steamer from the pot first, and carefully uncover the lid.
7. After finishing steaming the dumplings, place the dumplings in a bowl/plate, and pour the Yumo homemade Kimchi puree over the dumplings, and mix well.
8. Enjoy the equally delicious Halloween Themed dumplings !
Want to start your challenge? Click here to get your Halloween fire dumplings today!